Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7648
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Analytics is a crucial component of UNC Health’s work to deliver high quality, efficient care to the people of North Carolina. This HCS IT Data and Interoperability Developer role is an individual contributor focused on managing the intake of new projects and requests for analytical service on behalf of UNC Health’s Enterprise Analytics and Data Science (EADS) team, as well as enabling analytics consumers to be more effective in their use of existing analytics assets.
A successful candidate will bring a mix of broad analytics technical experience, experience in the healthcare domain, familiarity with data and analytics, strong organizational skills, and a focus on delivering consistently excellent customer service. Analytics and data science are evolving rapidly, candidates will be expected to follow developments in the field and learn new skills as needed. Epic experience is preferred but not required.
Responsibilities will include:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience). Master's degree preferred.
● No licensure or certification required. Appropriate certification may be preferred depending on the specific role.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Master’s degree: One (1) year of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience is highly preferred.
● If Bachelor’s degree: Two (2) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Appropriate certification may be preferred depending on the specific role and need: Technical detail level should include a selection of the below skills: -Reporting & Data Visualization: Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Epic Reporting Workbench & Radar Dashboarding -Data Infrastructure, Integration, Mgmt & Architecture: Epic Clarity, Caboodle, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Master Data Management and Data Governance -Programing: ETL Tools (DataStage, Informatica, SSIS, etc.), Visual C#.Net, Visual Basic, Java, SQL, Web 2.0 (Ajax, REST, RIA), Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Open Source Tools (Apache, Eclipse, JBoss) -Interoperability: Infor Cloverleaf, Oracle eGate, Service Oriented Architecture tools, etc.-Software development methodology: Agile, SDLC lifecycle -Project Management: MS Project, Jira, MS Office Suite -Health Care: Electronic Medical Records (EMR), HIE, Clinical Trials and Research
● Regulatory Reporting: CMS, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other government regulatory reporting, Interoperability Reporting regulated by State and Federal governments.
● General Skills: -Excellent analytical and communication skills. -Ability to work well in a team environment. -Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. -Highly responsive to internal and external customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.