Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6323
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides quality and organizational excellence by leading cross-functional quality and process improvement initiatives. Serves as mentor to specialists and analysts. Influences leaders and leads complex improvement projects. May supervise specialists, analysts or administrative support staff.
1. Provides quality and organizational excellence by leading cross-functional quality and process improvement initiatives. Serves as mentor to specialists and analysts. Influences leaders and leads complex improvement projects. May supervise specialists, analysts or administrative support staff.
2. Customer Service-Facilitator or negotiator that can assist in areas of disagreement. Ability to step into a ?bad? situation and change the direction by emphasizing empathy and willingness to do the ?right thing? Able to get people to look at things objectively and pick the best solution for the system.
3. Measurement & Analysis-Identifies and drives analytic needs for improvement projects/initiatives. Supports leaders in development of problem charter and selection of best approach to solve a particular problem. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and working knowledge of advanced topics (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, DOE, etc.). Teaches/mentors others on basic topics and able to assist others with advanced topics.
4. Problem Solving & Implementation-Makes decisions based on analyses and data. Challenges leaders and their current processes when improvement is needed. Develops interventions and initiatives based on data. Able to resolve conflicts across multiple depts. Able to sell concepts to other depts/divisions. Strives to implement solutions that span multiple depts/divisions. Identifies methods for solving problems which eliminate steps, speeds processes, and reduces complexity.
5. Project Management-Influences and gains commitment from all members of project team. Able to identify resources necessary to meet project needs (budget, personnel, and leadership). Able to obtain and maintain executive support for project through communication and leadership. Acts as a consultant or mentor to other groups interested in implementing similar solutions. Key participant in ?executive? committees. Leads complex improvement projects.
6. Tools, Methodologies & Technologies-Leads/manages/Mentors specialist and analyst regarding tools, methodologies and technologies. Provides cross-functional, cross-business, cross area work.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis role. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If a Master's degree: One (1) year of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis role. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: OQE Performance Improvement
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.