Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5071
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The HCS Systems Engineer will be responsible for SCCM Endpoint Management, Active Directory Endpoint Management and Microsoft Windows Operating System Endpoint Management, as well as provide operational support of the UNC Health Care system. The select candidate should be a skilled, customer service oriented, experienced Endpoint Engineer and have direct technical experience with endpoint management, operating system servicing cycles and software packaging/distribution,. The candidate should be experienced in working in a large scale environment supporting enterprise systems.
• Windows Desktop Operating System image management, best practice/hardening, driver, bios control and servicing.
• Build, test, validate and deploy applications to Health Care system endpoints with SCCM.
• Assist in creating and editing group policies and other AD related support as it relates to end user computing.
• Prepare, distributes, and deploys critical, security, and otherwise required patches through SCCM.
• Vendor engagement to understand timelines and impacts of new hardware platforms.
• Application owner engagement to coordinate testing of standard applications on new releases of windows based operating systems.
• Assist with optimization of interface between SCCM and ITSM tool and build SCCM reports for leadership consumption.
• SCCM reporting features, compliance configurations, monitor and troubleshoot deployments.
• Provides leadership in device management, including assisting in determining purchase needs as well as creating and maintaining related documentation.
• Collaboratively manage workflows and processes within the Endpoint Architecture team to optimize efficiency while maintaining security standards and service quality.
• Maintains awareness of latest vendor product solutions and technology trends.
• Use excellent customer service skills to build service-based relationships with IT customers.
Microsoft SCCM Certification preferred.
Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, Remote Support tools such as Bomgar, VDI, Antivirus and Data Encryption tools. Excellent documentation, communication and troubleshooting skills. Experience working in a clinical environment, and be capable of lifting 50 lbs. May be responsible for providing direction to colleagues in areas of subject matter expertise. Candidate will also be part of an on call rotation that may include onsite service during evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT End User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.