Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8576
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNCHCS Human Resources Project Manager is responsible for leading major projects across the Health Care System communicate strategies and successfully implementing them to achieve process improvements. Interfacing with all UNC Health Care entities to drive Health Care System project plans. This individual will work collaboratively with a variety of entities, administrative individuals, teams, groups or physicians, clinicians and executives to implement these strategies creating a culture of high performance.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Facilitate, support, and/or manage key HR programs that are aligned with business objectives working closely with key program owners
2. Create project timelines and set metrics to monitor program performance, outcomes, and ensure goals and deadlines are met
3. Ensure cross-HR and cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management for key HR programs
4. Develop evaluation methods to gather feedback from the organization in order to assess program strengths and identify areas for continuous improvement
5. Implement and reinforce change management methods to allow for enhancements while managing project deadlines
6. Partner with key stakeholders to allow for open communication and transparency regarding project status, issues, and key decisions throughout the program lifecycle
7. Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with Privacy & Health Care Systems requirements.
8. Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the UNC Health Care System.
9. Work collaboratively with VPs, Directors, teams and other end users to plan, develop and implement major projects.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of experience in a supervisory, management or leadership role or Three (3) to Five (5) years of project management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: Excellent negotiating skills with win-win philosophy. Demonstrates the ability to resolve problems. Technical Expertise: Proficient with project management software, strong analytical skills and strategic planning experience. Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willingness to learn and embraces continuous improvement. Accountability: Ability to bring project to successful completion on time and within budget through political sensitivity. Fiscal responsibility: Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization. Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan. Coaching: Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with physicians and clinical staff with the ability to tailor the message to the audience. Experienced mentor with a demonstrated track record to talent development. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation. Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully. Solving Problems: Ability to translate global strategy into short term accountabilities and is a strong team player who works collaboratively and is equally at ease with employees, peers and senior executives.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.