Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8241
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Sous chef will assist executive chef in all areas of production. Sous chef will be responsible for ensuring that recipes are being followed and that all health sanitation codes are met. Sous chef will lead the kitchen in the absence of the executive chef. Sous chef will monitor ticket times, preparation of food in both retail and for patient needs. Sous chef will enforce department and hospital polices. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
2. Ensure all recipes are complete for daily production. Each cook will be given recipes by Sous Chef. Production records are to be filled out and enforced All waste is to be recorded on waste logs
3. Conduct daily meetings with team members, documents meeting minutes, and relays information to Executive Chef.
4. Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on company and regulatory standards
5. Performs monthly culinary training to include the Black hat Chef program.
6. Maintain recipe data base in Computrition. Sous chef will work with RD""""""""""""""""s to ensure patient Nutritional needs are met.
7. Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas.
8. Conducts self audits on Kitchen to ensure standards are being met
9. Assigns daily cleaning task to staff
● AOS in culinary arts or ACF certification preferred
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum five (5) years experience required. Experience in high volume operations, familiarity with scratch cooking, and ability to function in a high paced kitchen is also required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of Rex Healthcare. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.