Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7804
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Care is seeking exceptional candidates to join our Strategic Planning group to guide the vision and strategic direction of the organization. This is a unique opportunity for a mission-driven individual to join a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced team environment as a Strategy Consultant. For this role, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about shaping the future of a leading academic health system. You will bring creative and forward-thinking solutions to tackle today's most pressing health care issues, and collaborate with thought leaders across the organization to develop strategies that prepare us to be successful in the future.
The Strategic Planning department acts as an internal consulting group focused on developing growth-oriented strategies across the UNC Health Care. This includes working with system C-suite senior leaders, network hospitals and specific service lines, developing value-oriented strategies to guide transformative population health initiatives, and exploring business development opportunities with new potential partners. Our department’s mission is to provide valued strategic insights, trusted advice, and skill execution that elevate UNC Health Care's impact in North Carolina and position it as the nation's leading academic health care system. In our pursuit of this mission, we believe in embodying the values of innovation, professionalism, diversity, and collegiality.
The Strategy Consultant plays a key role in supporting these activities. This position will often interact with system leaders at all levels of the organization and may serve as a strategy liaison to clinical leadership, hospital executives, and others. Strategy Consultants will also support project teams through project management, client engagement, meeting facilitation, and both quantitative and qualitative analysis on challenging projects such as:
1. Evaluate strategic opportunities. Perform analytics, provide business insight into implications of findings, develop business plans, and serve as a champion for recommended opportunities.
2. Create analytics for strategic planning processes including evaluating environmental trends, assessing core capabilities, competitor profiling, and completing gap analyses. Synthesize findings to articulate important business insights and recommendations.
4. Support identification of strategic objectives and initiatives. Support development of project plans, and help set priorities for working teams. Keep projects focused and on track. Plan and facilitate meetings.
5. Collaboration - Supports planning activities by collaborating with other strategy consultants and market research analysts to compile qualitative and quantitative information.
6. Financial and Business Planning - Leads cross-functional teams to produce business plans for new business initiatives and operational improvements for review by management.
7. Strategic Planning - Designs analytical models, presentations, and reports to support the development of the strategic activities and initiatives for the health system.
8. Strategy Liaison - Serves as a liaison between the department and clinical service line teams, representing the resources of the Strategic Planning department. Provides specialist knowledge in assigned areas of expertise.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Strategic Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.