Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8608
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Care Access Specialist serves as the information center and first point of contact for the patient community. The Virtual Care Access Specialist, provides technical & visit preparation support to patients in a virtual care setting. This role assists patients to ensure they are prepared for their virtual visit with guidance on navigating through My UNC Chart and technical support for video and phone connection.
1. Ensures excellent customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations. Meets call quality standards.
2. Works with clinic and or work queue to schedule patient support call prior to video visit
3. Assists with My UNC Chart set up and patient navigation as needed
4. Guides patients through process expected on day of virtual visit
5. Tests audio, video connection, network bandwidth connection for patient
6. Advises patients on best conditions to perform video visit; recommends telephone or in-person visit if requirements for successful video visit are not met
7. Provides overview of patient guidelines for video visits
8. Provides on-demand technology support & trouble shooting for patients when needed
9. Ensures and verifies key patient information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
10. Schedules all new and follow-up patient support calls as necessary. Attempt to reschedule cancellations whenever possible. Communicates cancellations to clinic as necessary.
11. Enhances co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers. Demonstrates willingness to change to ensure continuous improvement.
12. Effectively precepts new co-workers as assigned.
● High School Diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of customer service and/or clerical experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above. Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and clinics. Ability to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record. Customer-focused orientation. Proficiency with technology; adept at trouble-shooting/problem-solving technology necessary for video and phone visits Ability to help patient connection to video in any health care setting, fulfilling a tele-presenter type of role
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Virtual Care Center - Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.