Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8818
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position will be required to learn an in-depth specialized knowledge of UNC Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT), UNC Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) and bleeding disorders in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. The majority of the time will be allocated to scheduling HHT appointments for adult and pediatric patients and become the point of contact for HHT related to scheduling questions. This position will screen referral calls, register all new patients in UNC Health Care System electronic records (EPIC) who are to be seen in the HHT clinic and update returning patient’s information in the electronic chart. The range of duties includes, but are not limited to, assist with initial patient/provider calls; triage calls from patients, outside physicians, internal staff and pharmacies; request medical records and health record discs; send HHT informational letters, HHT resources, directions to clinics, hotel information to the patients; place financial counselor referral, as needed. This position will also manage and coordinate patient follow-up appointments by creating regular comprehensive patient visit recall/reminders in Epic; follow-up specific needs identified during HHT clinic visit; obtain outside lab results and additional outside records. This position will coordinate and follow-up on patient referrals to other clinics, as needed. Additional responsibilities will be the use of office technology, faxing, addressing envelopes, using FedEx, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting and updating information on the HHT/HTC website; office management and administrative contact person for office equipment, work orders and maintaining office supplies. Responsibilities to include: Scheduling for HHT appointments, adults and pediatric Patient/Public Contact: -Provide primary phone coverage for UNC Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia; answers, prioritizes and returns calls from/to patients, health care providers, industry and organizations in a professional and timely manner. -Obtain and clarify information from callers in order to provide assistance within scope of knowledge and authority; triages calls to the appropriate staff/discipline; redirects when call is for another clinic or department -Serve as the administrative coordinator for the UNC Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia staff -Maintaining strict confidentiality and adherence to all HIPPA guidelines and regulations Clinic Coordination: Prepare and distribute the weekly pediatric & adult HHT clinic schedules; update as needed. Follow up with patients, if they are a “no show” for their appointments. Educates the patient on the importance of keeping scheduled appointments. General Office management
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Associate's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system as appropriate coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan. Coaching: Shares information, advice and suggestions to help others to be more successful. Provides appropriate support and acts as a resource depending on the situation and capabilities of the employee. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation Solving Problems: Uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Med Hematology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.