Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8797
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This role is responsible in ensuring that patient access processing is performed in accordance with procedure and documented in a timely and accurate manner in ADT and other clinical information systems. Meets departmental/organizational outcome targets for process accuracy and timeliness.
1. Ensures and verifies key ADT information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
2. Schedules all new and follow-up patient appointments as required, attempts to reschedule cancellations whenever possible and communicates cancellations to provider as necessary.
3. Completes and documents all governmental, regulatory, financial, and contractual forms in accordance to procedure, ensuring documents are scanned/saved to correct location and is legible.
4. Utilizes price estimation tool, when applicable, as part of the registration process to provide the most accurate estimate to patients
5. Meets departmental target for up front collections to include deposits, estimated amounts due, co-pays, and/or prior balances.
6. Actively participates in departmental QA by utilizing system work queues, making a personal effort to reduce individual errors, and making corrections and utilizes system work queues as a daily part of the registration process to minimize errors.
● High School Diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Require two (2) years of customer service and/or clerical experience
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Access Rex OP Rehab
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job; Monday -Friday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.