Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9215
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care coordination for home health or hospice patients. Educates physicians and staff and facilitates continuity of care of patients from hospital to home or hospice. Participates on interdisciplinary team and collaborates with physicians and staff to establish and implement home care or hospice needs. Coordinates referrals from skilled nursing facilities or other locations.
1. Communicates all appropriate patient information and coordinates staff availability directly with the home health or hospice intake department. Communicates home health or hospice staffing availability to referral sources and staff.
2. Coordinates with the patient, patient’s family, referring physician, clinical care management representative, and hospital staff to determine the appropriateness of all home care referrals.
3. Educates referral sources and other hospital staff in relation to home health or hospice services and regulatory requirements.
4. Gathers all the necessary demographic and medical information, as well as all requested treatment and services in order to develop a detailed and comprehensive home health or hospice care referral and plan. Identify the type of service which best serves the referral patient: General Inpatient Hospice or Home Hospice and communicate this to the referral source (Case Managers, Residents, or Physicians) and patient/family/care giver.
● Bachelors of Science in Nursing
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of home health, public health or other health related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Home Services Adm
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.