Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 6626
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
HEALTH SYSTEM BACKGROUND
UNC Health is a not-for-profit integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill. UNC Health currently comprises UNC Hospitals and its provider network, the clinical programs of the UNC School of Medicine, and eleven affiliate hospitals and hospital systems across the state, including UNC Hospitals, a public academic medical center.
The Pharmacy Analytics and Outcomes team is a service group within Pharmacy Services with a focus on advancing Institutional, Departmental, and System initiatives through providing data analysis and modeling to guide effective health care decision making. Our vision is to positively impact patient health outcomes and health care through providing data insight and analysis. The mission of Pharmacy Analytics and Outcomes is to partner with stakeholders in creating, evaluating, and guiding data-driven best practices by providing actionable information and expert consultation. The Pharmacy Analytics and Outcomes team currently consists of pharmacists, business intelligence analysts, business analytics specialists, and a biostatistician. The Pharmacy Analytics and Outcomes team has a focus on establishing a system-level Outcomes Research Program, to support ongoing research endeavors and develop a strategy for expanding outcomes research across the enterprise.
This position will support Pharmacy Services in the development on an enterprise level outcomes research program. The successful candidate will gather, interpret, share, analyze and broadly influence clinical, operational, and financial data critical to the success of departmental initiatives.
This exciting opportunity involves working with clinicians and researchers across UNC Health to lead and coordinate outcomes research and evaluations. This position supports the clinical and operational strategies within pharmacy services to optimize patient care and improve efficiency. In this position, you will support pharmacy services research endeavors across sites and service lines, serve as a content expert in biostatistics and research design, publish and present results of research projects, and provide research-related education and staff development.
The ideal candidate should have considerable experience collaborating on medication-related clinical research in an academic health care setting, with examples of creating analytic approaches to complex problems in health care. Excellent academic writing and communication skills must be clearly demonstrated.
This is a full-time, institutionally funded position. Grant writing is an expected position duty, but successful grant funding is not required to offset salary.
This individual will directly report to the Clinical Manager, Analytics and Outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Outcomes Research Pharmacist will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Establish strategic vision and provide oversight to expand the breadth and impact of outcomes research programs within the pharmacy enterprise.
2. In partnership with Clinical Manager and Pharmacist Coordinator, Analytics and Outcomes, and key stakeholders, develop an enterprise-level Outcomes Research Program to promote system-level outcomes driven initiatives.
3. Improve the use of data and information in pharmacy operation decisions to foster the development of a learning healthcare system.
4. Build strategic partnerships and processes for quality improvement and research collaboration with external partners (e.g., manufacturers, payers)
5. Conduct research independently, and in conjunction with other clinical pharmacists and researchers.
6. Support the clinical mission of the department through research of new and existing programs.
7. In collaboration with the team biostatistician, assist with the education of pharmacists and trainees in biostatistics and research design.
8. Precept and mentor student and resident learners through rotations and longitudinal experiences.
9. Drive recognition of UNC Health Pharmacy Services as a leader in high-quality, impactful research capable of improving patient care.
10. Present at local, state, and national meetings.
This position description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Employees may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
• Ability to support multidisciplinary research endeavors, and coordinate large research teams
• Ability to provide study design and statistical support for research initiatives
• Ability to lead and support grant writing efforts
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Current state licensure as a Pharmacist or eligible for reciprocation • PharmD or equivalent experience preferred
• Masters in related discipline (statistics, epidemiology, clinical research, public health, health economics) or additional training in outcomes research preferred
• Demonstrated expertise with research design, collaborative research implementation, biostatistics, presentations, and medical writing
• Previous clinical pharmacy experience or post-graduate clinical pharmacy training preferred
• Successful history of receiving extramural funding preferred
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.