Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9277
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
With a solid understanding of the operations, business practices, strategies, and goals of the system this position is responsible for providing executive level support to UNC Health Care System’s Executive Suite (CEO’s/Dean’s Office and/or Executive Office). Position will be responsible for providing leadership to manage effective systems and protocols under the supervision of the Manager Executive Suite Office and serves as the primary interface for the Executive Suite. Position typically works directly with members of Senior Leadership of the HCS/SOM.
1. Provides research and analysis to prepare briefing materials for the Executive Suite. Manages multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
2. Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries regarding system operations, policies, and procedures. Forward situations and issues to the appropriate staff members for resolution.
3. Performs and/or oversees a wide range of special projects or assignments that are highly sensitive or complex in nature, requiring a high level of independence and initiative in execution and implementation.
4. Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature regarding routine & non-routine issues internally and externally requiring a high degree of discretion and diplomacy and time sensitivity. Understands the systems goals and priorities of the executive, in order to prioritize issues according to urgency.
5. This position carries out managing each of the Search Committees that are responsible for the identification and recruitment of each new leader for the School of Medicine and Health Care System Senior Leadership (e.g. Department Charis, Center and Program Directors, and Senior Leadership for SOM/HCS).
6. For SOM only: This position provides oversight for five-year reviews that must be carried out for each senior leader within the School of Medicine (e.g. Department Chairs and Center/Program Directors).
7. Assist the Secretary to the UNC Health Care Board of Directors with the planning and preparations for the HCS Board meetings. May be assigned to one of the specific standing committees of the HCS Board as lead administrative staff, reporting to the Secretary of the UNC Health Care Board of Directors.
8. Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive's schedule is followed and respected. Provides gatekeeper and gateway role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executive's time and office. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
9. Prepares and edits complex presentations, charts, and other written correspondence that best depicts content of intended message to internal and external stakeholders. May supervise subordinate clerical staff.
10. May supervise subordinate clerical staff. Trains staffs on tasks and ensures they are trained for their specific roles. Coordinates job rotation and cross-training. Helps team understand performance targets and goals.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If High School or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HCS Ambulatory Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.