Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9313
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC REX Emergency Department includes 40 beds and a dedicated 8 bed behavioral health zone with private rooms. We have 2 major resuscitation rooms, triage rooms for initial assessment, in department radiology suite and a decontamination room. Our ED team cares for patients in all life threatening situations, less-critical injuries requiring minor treatment, acute and behavioral health diagnoses. Patients with heart conditions receive excellent care in the REX ED Chest Pain Center, home of the Triangle's first accredited chest pain center. Stroke care is provided to patients by our Joint Commission certified Advanced Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center. The REX ED Leadership team is focused on team work and positive co-worker recognition for staff in our fast-paced work environment.
Provides clerical and administrative support to the nursing staff of an inpatient medical unit. Work is performed in accordance with UNC Healthcare policies and procedures under the direction of a nurse manager
1. Ensures that services outlined on orders are communicated in a timely manner to appropriate staff in the work unit and throughout the hospital in accordance with UNCHCS policies. Follows up in accordance with established procedure. Transcribes physician orders based on priority and order type. Ensures that physician orders are accurately conveyed to the servicing departments in a timely manner. Reviews orders for logic, clarity, and completeness to ensure that orders are consistent with established procedures and policy. Brings inconsistencies to the attention of clinical practitioners. Coordinates return appointments for patients. Uses multiple hospital support tools, including transportation-tracking system, pager system, Intranet. Sends and receives items via tube system. Uses clinical software and support materials such as armbands, signs, labels, MAR, Kardex, and printed requisitions.
2. Maintains patient chart in complete and accurate universal chart order, files in appropriate sections, and ensures all forms contain appropriate patient identification. Processes charts appropriately for admission, transfer, diagnostic/operative procedures, discharge, and death.
3. Orders office or patient care supplies within budget constraints and maintains inventories of unit supplies and equipment. Maintains unit communications equipment including printer, mobile laptop computers, and fax. Conducts unit audits, safety checks, and routine maintenance of office equipment. Functions as a clerical resource in the nursing unit and is thus knowledgeable about hospital policies and procedures. Ensures that the nursing unit is clean and orderly. Performs other general office support duties as required.
4. Supports the healthcare team with information and administrative support. Answers and directs telephone calls from visitors, staff, and patients. Answers patients' call system. Relays messages for patients, families, physicians, nurses, and other staff from multiple departments. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information. Creates and maintains electronic documents in MS Office
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Emergency Department
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.