Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9177
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of moderately complex bookkeeping and accounting support functions within a department or centralized accounting office. Positions located in departments typically monitor and maintain the departmental budget, advise and make recommendations to the supervisor, or manage large billing or purchasing functions and report to department heads. Positions located in centralized accounting offices code, record and report financial data, research and analyze accounts, investigate and resolve variances and report to higher level accounting staff.
1. Communicates with vendors, departmental faculty/residents/staff and other System personnel in both verbal and written form to respond to inquiries, create reports and investigate variances.
2. Compiles data for reporting, reconciling and tracking purposes from various information systems. Provides supporting documentation to substantiate data reported.
3. Maintains various databases for information received from sources throughout the System. Investigates variances using subsidiary reports, contacting data managers to correct processing system errors and investigating erroneous data entry.
4. Monitors and maintains departmental budget. Transfers funds to balance accounts. Researches and analyzes fiscal information. Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding budget. May manage large billing or purchasing functions.
5. Posts journal entries, processes payments, verifies information, reconciles accounts and balances ledgers. Secures and provides supporting documentation to comply with accounting or regulatory requirements. Prepares and processes a variety of accounting forms and documents, checking for accuracy and completeness.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience required.
● If an Associate's degree: Two (2) years of experience in an accounting support role.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Four (4) years of experience in an accounting support role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC P&A Surg Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.