Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8996
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists with inventory, delivers meals, rotates stock, cleans work area, and assists with all aspects of ordering, receipt, and delivery of meals for patients.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Receives large volume deliveries and verifies accuracy of item amounts and dollar value. Returns unacceptable merchandise and obtain the proper credit voucher.
3. Updates computer information of all vendor item prices.
4. Assists in taking inventory. Reconciles physical inventory.
5. Generates orders to vendors for certain food items in order to maintain par levels.
6. Fills and issues requests for patient area floor supplies, various departments, and the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
7. Delivers Adult and Child Day Care meals.
8. Rotates and stores all stock.
9. Cleans work area, sweeps and mops floors, scrubs sinks, and washes refrigerated units.
10. Monitors refrigeration units to make sure they are in proper working condition; reports any malfunctions to Manager.
11. Secures stores area whenever away from the work area and at the end of the assigned shift.
12. Follows all approved practices and procedures in the storage, preparation, service and delivery of patient meals and supplies with full consideration of patient/customer safety needs.
● High school diploma or GED required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year of experience preferred. Requires ability to learn computer skills.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read. Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one - or two-step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.