Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8469
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
This position is based out of UNC Pardee Location.
Responsible for the creation and delivery of Information Technology training and development programs to all levels of end-users. Provides specific training on computer software/basic hardware applications across the organization in classrooms, small group, and one-on-one settings.
1. Assists with analysis, testing, and selection of courseware design software and training techniques to be used. Contributes to the development of departmental standards, process implementation, and compliance.
2. Conducts training/instruction of computer applications, methods, and processes. Serves in a liaison capacity with the user community on problem solving and improvement to new and existing operational systems. Assesses vendor selection and training needs to identify when training needs are to be coordinated through an outside contractor to provide training.
3. Designs, develops and delivers all IT training programs and materials to a wide range of customers throughout the organization. Ensures training dependencies and processes across departments are understood by application owner.
4. Develops training plans, manner of delivery, and instructional methods, including tools, tips, and other ideas promoting user self-reliance. Creates and develops training materials and instructional scripts. Adapts training materials to align with the user?s level of responsibility. Develops short and long-term training schedules ensuring appropriate resources are secured and proper communications are released advertising availability of training.
5. Documents and maintains existing coursework and documents procedures for newly upgraded and / implemented systems based on user needs and training program requirements in order to achieve high quality service.
● Associate's degree in Adult Education, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Two (2) years of experience in the use of or presentation of training courses for the particular software packages or programming languages.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) years of experience in the use of or presentation of training courses for the particular software packages or programming languages.
● Extensive experience using Windows 7 and Microsoft Office suite.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Training User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.