Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8526
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The System Manager Market & Customer Intelligence position is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple teams and projects related to market & customer research across the entire healthcare system. This position is also responsible for conducting analysis and synthesizing findings related to the healthcare market environment into understandable implications, tactics, strategies, and next steps for leadership across the health system. This position will lead project work and advise senior health system leadership focused on four primary areas of focus:
• Industry Analysis: Monitoring of healthcare provider industry dynamics for insights and impact on UNC Health; focused on buyers, suppliers, new entrants/products, substitutes and regulation in order to take preemptive action
• Competitive Intelligence: Monitoring of competitors’ implied strategies and key initiatives, understanding our position relative to competition
• Customer Intelligence: Monitoring of key customer groups (payers, employers, physicians, and patients) to gain insights into relationships, preference, awareness and how UNC Health can position ourselves to meet customer needs
• Local market intelligence: Analysis and reporting of local dynamics in UNC Health Entity markets to support strategic planning
The System Manager is also responsible for department management responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of Market & Customer Intelligence which may include but are not limited to methodology advancement, internal resource management, training and development, and recruiting.
1. Leading Change - Proactively assesses the need for change and obtains resources to implement change initiatives. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Takes action to ensure that employees fully understand their roles, responsibilities and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support. Treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals match those of the organization and that resources are allocated to meet priorities. Establishes an environment that creates incentives for, and eliminates barriers to, a team environment. Articulates common goals and communicates how individual roles contribute to team success.
3. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Participates in decision making that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority. Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor budgetary responsibilities.
4. Market & Customer Intelligence Project Leadership - Provides direction and leadership to Analysts within Market & Customer Intelligence. Collaborates with peers to prioritize work while supporting the alignment of activities throughout the department. Meets regularly with senior health system leadership to advise on market opportunities & threats
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, strategy or consulting) or two (2) years at a top tier consulting firm with two years of other relevant work experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives, develop and implement program strategies, and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Ntwrk Dvlp and Cust Experience
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.