Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9086
Location: Apex, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Shift: Night Job
Responsible for bringing in new admissions into a Skilled Nursing Facility. Duties include reviewing discharge summaries and completing medication reconciliation, setting up admission orders using order sets, coordinating with providers to ensure order accuracy, completing admission paperwork with the patient and family, and performing/documenting admission assessments. Epic experience preferred.
Schedule: Two 12 hour shifts per week, one weekend requirement every three weeks, 10am-10pm shift on the weekdays, 7am-7pm shift on the weekends.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assess and document patient status and formulates and education plan for infusion patients in skilled nursing facility.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assesses patient's condition, including biophysical, psychosocial and age specific needs.
3. Documents patient's status according to unit specific procedure.
4. Develops an individualized plan of care utilizing the nursing and medical diagnosis. Collaborates with other health care team members in formulating a plan.
5. Implements the nursing plan of care on assigned patients.
6. Evaluates patient's status, nursing instructions, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care and outcomes of the care provided.
7. Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient and as prescribed by the physician and/or policy; includes patient and family instructions, as well as, discharge planning.
8. Maintains educational requirements as required by the Board of Nursing.
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● RN NC LIC;BCLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prefer one year of experience in skilled nursing facility.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex SNF Apex
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Apex
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.