Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9545
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Medical/Surgical and Intensive Care Unit Director is responsible for providing administrative and clinical leadership and direction for the nursing practice at Chatham Hospital with a 24 hour accountability. They are responsible for the daily operations and long term planning of Med Surg, ICU, Care Management, Social Work and the Maternity Care Center. Assures the delivery of comprehensive, safe, effective and appropriate nursing care in accordance with established hospital policy and nursing practice standards.
1. Assumes responsibility for the operational management of the Med/Surg and ICU departments. They are responsible for the recruiting, hiring, orienting, supervision and evaluation of the employees within their unit.
2. Builds and maintains positive, collaborative working relationships with the medical providers.
3. Contributes to the effective operation of Chatham hospital by demonstrating dependability in job performance.
4. Demonstrated commitment to continued professional growth of self and staff, as well as maintenance of competency.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to cost effectiveness in providing services and supports the continuous effort to conserve resources while providing individualized high quality care. Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Will coordinate budget planning as needed with other members of the healthcare system leadership. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
6. Demonstrates a sustained interest and effort in creating a work environment within the Med/Surg and ICU departments and within Chatham Hospital that fosters collaboration, caring, and positive staff attitudes and behaviors.
7. Participates in direct patient care as appropriate. Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients, clients and families for assigned shifts. Ensures that there is appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix is available for patient care for the assigned shift. Maintains the requirements of Joint Commission and other regulatory/licensing agencies.
8. Plans and organizes the programs of the Chatham Hospital Medical/Surgical/ICU departments within the philosophy, goals and objectives and the patient safety standards of the Chatham nursing division and the hospital as a whole.
9. Promotes Chatham hospital and its' nursing organization within the UNC Healthcare System and the professional and lay committees. Interacts with both UNCH and Chatham Hospital management and staff.
10. Supports and participates in hospital-sponsored community outreach activities in Chatham County.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Chatham Hospital Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.