Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9545
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Medical/Surgical and Intensive Care Unit Director is responsible for providing administrative and clinical leadership and direction for the nursing practice at Chatham Hospital with a 24 hour accountability. They are responsible for the daily operations and long term planning of Med Surg, ICU, Care Management, Social Work and the Maternity Care Center. Assures the delivery of comprehensive, safe, effective and appropriate nursing care in accordance with established hospital policy and nursing practice standards.
1. Assumes responsibility for the operational management of the Med/Surg and ICU departments. They are responsible for the recruiting, hiring, orienting, supervision and evaluation of the employees within their unit.
2. Builds and maintains positive, collaborative working relationships with the medical providers.
3. Contributes to the effective operation of Chatham hospital by demonstrating dependability in job performance.
4. Demonstrated commitment to continued professional growth of self and staff, as well as maintenance of competency.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to cost effectiveness in providing services and supports the continuous effort to conserve resources while providing individualized high quality care. Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Will coordinate budget planning as needed with other members of the healthcare system leadership. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
6. Demonstrates a sustained interest and effort in creating a work environment within the Med/Surg and ICU departments and within Chatham Hospital that fosters collaboration, caring, and positive staff attitudes and behaviors.
7. Participates in direct patient care as appropriate. Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients, clients and families for assigned shifts. Ensures that there is appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix is available for patient care for the assigned shift. Maintains the requirements of Joint Commission and other regulatory/licensing agencies.
8. Plans and organizes the programs of the Chatham Hospital Medical/Surgical/ICU departments within the philosophy, goals and objectives and the patient safety standards of the Chatham nursing division and the hospital as a whole.
9. Promotes Chatham hospital and its' nursing organization within the UNC Healthcare System and the professional and lay committees. Interacts with both UNCH and Chatham Hospital management and staff.
10. Supports and participates in hospital-sponsored community outreach activities in Chatham County.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Chatham Hospital Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.