Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9024
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the coordination and delivery of either American Heart Association and American Academy of Pediatrics programs such as Basic Life support, Pediatric Advanced life support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation and/or Crisis Prevention Institute certification and recertification classes.
1. Classroom Instruction - Responsible for direct classroom instruction of students enrolled in our training programs. Responsible for use, care and some maintenance of high and low fidelity human patient simulation equipment. Adheres to latest NRP and AHA and TeamSTEPPS course content as applicable.
2. Collaboration - Collaborates with other instructors; utilizes space, human patient simulation equipment, teaching aids, and/or resources for classes.
3. Learning Strategies - Employs a variety of teaching strategies to promote learning. Measures learner achievement validates learner skill and documents proficiency. Prepares reports to quantify educational standards are met.
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
● ·Must have one of the following upon hire and gain no less than two additional during the first six months of employment: AHA ACLS, AHA BLS, AHA PALS, APA NRP (in order to be lead NRP Instructor) CPI, APT, restraint validation
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years’ experience in a high fidelity Emergency Medical Services system, in a hospital critical care unit, emergency department or inpatient psychiatry unit.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to teach didactic and psychomotor knowledge and skills related the programs. Ability to use a variety of both high and low fidelity human patient simulation equipment to teach team oriented skills. Must be able to work well with a highly diverse group of colleagues and learners in terms of race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation and religious preference. Ability to grasp technical concepts and use high and low fidelity human patient simulation equipment. Familiarity with Microsoft office suite and can produce text documents, spreadsheets and other educational related documents.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Advanced Life Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.