Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9601
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Human Resources Specialist provides administrative support, data entry and data management for Human Resources. This position provides data updates, validation, and basic reporting for Human Resources. The Human Resources Specialist may be assigned responsibility for selected programs and events.
1. Human Resource Data: Responsible for HR Systems data maintenance (organizational level information). Responsible for validation of data and data audits while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. Identifies and corrects incomplete, improperly formatted and/or incorrect data through final review and approval of system workflow. Maintains various database information; provides tracking; processes data for reporting and updating/entering information for reporting purposes.
2. Administrative Support: May be required to provide on-going support of Human Resource programs and events, including but not limited to scheduling, monitoring, and reporting on the effectiveness of the assigned area(s). May participate in budget coordination and function as a liaison between HR and Finance/Accounting.
3. Communication & Collaboration: Provides assistance to employees, managers and other Health Care System customers relative to HR data information and issues. Assists employees with completing various HR forms; ensures completeness and accuracy. Provides assistance on data design and needs for special projects. Provides assistance to HR members relative to HR systems processes and procedures. Provides support in documenting HR processes for various systems.
4. Program & Project Support: May be responsible for overseeing a program or project in a specialized area of human resources such as recruitment, benefits, or data management. Performs tasks to support the assigned area at the direction of a senior HR staff member.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelors degree – No experience required.
● If Associates degree - Two (2) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Ability to maintain high level of accuracy. Excellent interpersonal skills. Good problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Commitment to confidentiality. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Talent Acquisition
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.