Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9550
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs skilled work in the general and specific operation, installation, repair and maintenance of hospital electrical systems, equipment and devices installed throughout hospital buildings, facilities.
1. Expand the existing electrical system as necessary to serve additional electrical equipment or devices and install devices such as circuits, protective devises, wire and cable, and transformers and switches, in accordance with and to meet the state and National Electrical Code, especially NFPA 99, 101 and 110.
2. Install and maintain the electrical systems, equipment, devices, and standby generation installed in or provided for all UNC Hospitals buildings and facilities on site to comply with hospital maintenance policies and for the safety and comfort of patients, staff and visitors
3. May provide lead worker duties and technical leadership for Preventative Maintenance Employees designated in the Electrical Shop. Establishes work schedules and plans and evaluates performance for assigned employees. Ensures that each employee assigned is fully competent in necessary work skills. Conducts training on safety and electrical work habits for all employees
4. May update electrical system drawings, documents monthly PMs, maintains electrical department documentation and records in compliance with hospital policies, JCAHO and state requirements. Maintains detailed electrical maintenance records to document compliance with regulations. Inspects completed work for accuracy and compliance with all regulations corrects or reports deficiencies to departmental management.
5. Perform periodic tests of all electrical circuitry, isolated power systems, surgical suite lighting systems, standby generators, transformers, equipment and switches (including automatic transfer switches) to determine and maintain the operating integrity of these devices and provide a safe environment for all hospital buildings.
6. Performs moderate job assignments in electrical maintenance, the installation of electrical conductors and associated equipment, and the repair of electrical circuits and equipment. Performs maintenance and operations work in all areas of electrical maintenance, trouble shooting of system or equipment problems, equipment selection and equipment or device replacement, maintenance of surgical lighting systems and maintenance of isolated power supply systems.
7. Repair or replace defective, damaged or obsolete electrical equipment, conductors and circuits as needed to restore service and continue to provide reliable electric service throughout all hospital buildings.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of progressive experience in the maintenance and installation of electrical systems, equipment, and devices in institutional buildings and facilities as a journeyman electrician.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Plant Oper and Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.