Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9414
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Care is recruiting for PRN pediatric physical therapists, to work with our experienced multidisciplinary pediatric team serving N.C. Children’s Hospital located on the beautiful campus of UNC Chapel Hill.
As a top-tier academic medical center, UNC Children’s upholds a mission to promote the health of all children in an inclusive, equitable culture through compassionate family-centered care, tireless advocacy, scientific discovery, and education of future leaders. UNC Children’s clinical home, N.C. Children’s Hospital, is a major referral center for children with complex conditions and consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of "America's Best Children's Hospitals" on its annual list.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and team-oriented physical therapist to join our inpatient pediatric team.This position primarily serves inpatients, birth to 18 years of age throughout the hospital, including PICU, PCICU and acute care units. The case mix is complex and varied.
The PRN Physical Therapist shall be responsible for providing a full range of physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in a team environment consistent with the position’s qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards.
Weekend and weekday availability is desired.
1. Selects and performs appropriate Physical Therapy (PT) evaluation procedures to identify and assess problems. Sets treatment goals and devises a treatment plan. Re-evaluates and adjusts the PT treatment plan in response to the patient's changing condition and discharge plans.
2. Manages resources needed to perform PT treatment plan to accomplish goals set for the patient.
3. Completes PT documentation in the medical record per department guidelines and completes department records for billing and statistics.
4. Manages PT caseload with efficiency and efficacy.
5. Provides clinical supervision and teaching for PT students or staff. Plans orientation, caseload, and other learning activities. Provides regular feedback and coaching. Evaluates the learner's performance.
6. Plans and coordinates clinical programs in response to patient needs, technologies, clinical practices, regulations and reimbursement. Provides regular communication with physicians, supervisor, and others regarding PT programs and patients served.
● Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
● Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Physical Therapy
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.