Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8357
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs standard and complex electroneurodiagnostic tests in the Clinical Neurophysiology Lab and polysomnographic testing on patients in the Sleep Disorders Lab. Work may be performed in a lab, clinic, patient bedside, or in the operating room.
1. May provide instruction and guidance to other technologists in the Neurodiagnostic and/or Sleep Disorders Lab.
2. Performs diagnostic patient testing electroencephalogram (EEG), electromyography (EMG), nerve conduction velocities (NCV), sensory evoked potentials (EP), and polysomnographic testing with possible oxygen therapy and continuous positive air pressure treatments (CPAP).
3. Performs room and equipment set-up and placement in hospital rooms, operating rooms, or clinics. Calibrates and maintains equipment.
4. Reads and scores neurodiagnostic and/or polysomnographic tests.
5. Takes patient histories. Provides instruction to patients and families regarding test preparation, pre-test interviews, and follow-up appointments.
● Graduation from an acceptable program of Neurophysiology
● Registered in one of the following specialty areas:•EEG (Electroencecephalogram- R. EEG T., CLTM)•EP (Evoked Potentials-R. EP T.)•Intra-Operative Monitoring (CNIM)•Nerve Conduction Velocity studies (NCV•Polysomnography (RPSGT)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If completion of an acceptable program of Neurophysiology: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience performing a variety of Sleep or Neurodiagnostics procedures.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Clinical Neurophysiology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.