Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9061
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides supervision and direction for administrative and support assigned co-workers. Establishes clear communications and builds positive relationships with patients, physicians, administrators, directors, peers and co-workers.
1. Provides supervision and direction for administrative and support assigned co-workers. Establishes clear communications and builds positive relationships with patients, physicians, administrators, directors, peers and co-workers.
2. Provides oversight of all patient scheduling functions to include, but not limited to: chemotherapy, infusion, blood transfusions, radiation treatments, follow up appointments, and lab visits
3. Manages all pre-arrival and patient check in processes by ensuring the accuracy of data entry and appropriate use and validation of insurance and authorizations.
4. Manages all front desk charge review, claim edit, and patient work queues. Ensures timely resolution of accounts.
5. Manages the point of service collections process including cash management and deposits. Reviews monthly point of service collection reports.
6. Maintains appropriate internal controls to ensure an excellent patient experience while optimizing upfront collections and on-site scheduling.
7. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulatory guidelines.
8. Responsible for adequate staffing to ensure efficient operation of practice and safety of patient care. Primary oversight for timekeeping, time off requests, and coverage.
9. Facilitates interviewing, hiring, training and development of staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
10. Identifies, develops and implements performance improvement goals. Trends activities to maintain or improve patient/financial outcomes.
● Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years healthcare / physician practice experience required; supervision experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV - Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.