Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8730
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Regional Administrator II is responsible for the management of four or more practices locations with (combined) 10+ providers within the assigned region. This role manages multiple managers and multiple service lines. This role is responsible for the daily administrative and technical operations of all assigned physician practices operated by UNC Health Care. The Regional Administrator holds Practice Managers accountable for cost effectiveness/financial management, access to services, member satisfaction and teamwork with operational areas. The Regional Administrator manages the details of revenues and expenditures within budgeted plans, develops strategies for growth, ensures positive interactions with third parties (i.e., payers, outside agencies, patients), leads staff and manages personnel issues, completes timely reports, and maintains high standards of quality and compliance.
1. Reviews and reports operational and financial data evaluating quality of service, workload, revenue and expenses. Works with the leadership team to develop strategies and then implements them through management teams and physician champions.
2. Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care and service based on established regulatory, professional and organizational standards within the context of the operating vision. Responsible for oversight of 4 or more practices encompassing multiple service lines.
3. Plans, organizes and manages overall programs and activities for services. Directs the integration of services within the department and throughout the organization to include four or more practices with more than 10 physicians covering multiple service ines.
4. Ensures compliance with financial goals through the development and administration of site budgets, regular monitoring of results and analysis of variances. Recommends types and amounts of resources required. Allocates resources based on departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
5. Establishes and/or provides leadership for the attainment of departmental/service goals in support of the organizational mission, ensuring consistency across the assigned practices around the assigned region.
6. Directs quality control and performance management and improvement activities across the assigned practices across the region.
7. Benchmarks key performance indicators and major processes in order to move towards best practices and ensures consistency of these indicators across the practices.
8. Ensures qualified and competent staffing, space, equipment and other resources are available to meet the scope of offered services. Enhances services through the selection and development of coworkers, coordinators/managers, orderly organizational design and monitoring of outcomes. This position is responsible for managing, leading, and developing managers of managers.
● Bachelor's degree required in an appropriate discipline.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires six (6) years of health care management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Develops and maintains effective relationships with medical staff, employees, patients and the public.
● LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, employees, and the general public.
● MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Spreadsheet skills strongly preferred.
● REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Pmo Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.