Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8532
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position performs basic Nursing Assistant activities. This position also provides assistance to the physician during operative and invasive procedures. This position functions to assure endoscopy suite is adequately prepared for procedure and monitors PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments.
1. Clerical--Uses computer scheduling system to schedule endoscopy procedures and follow up appointments at mutually acceptable times. Performs receptionist/ clerical duties as needed.
2. Clinical--Assists with endoscopic procedures under supervision of MD. Utilizes instruments during procedures. Assists with the delivery of direct nursing care. Assists with admission and discharge of patients. Assists with patient identification and vital signs. Documents/ charts on forms as required. Assists with positioning of patient. Assists with collection of specimens. Assists with patient education under the supervision of an RN. Demonstrates a cooperative nature with physicians and nurses while responding to needs and requires of patients/ families.
3. Professional Development-- Maintains BLS. Attends in-services and organizational meetings.
4. Technical--Prepares rooms, equipment and supplies to accommodate patient load. Cleans, disinfects and/ or sterilizes instruments and equipment. Orders and stocks supply inventory. Assists in care and preparation of endoscopy specimens. Runs errands as necessary to lab, pharmacy, CD. Understands operation, function and handling of equipment, supplies.
● Graduation from an accredited Surgical Technology program or High School diploma or GED.
● If graduation from an accredited Surgical Technology program: No licensure or certification required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Licensed as a Nursing Assistant I by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of relevant health care experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH GI Procedures
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.