Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8594
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordinates the clinical continuum of care for patients receiving a variety of diagnostic services (to include mammography, MRI, Cath Lab, Sleep Lab, Heart and Vascular, Ultrasound, etc.) by assisting with appointment scheduling, follow-up care and treatment as well as referral as needed. Assuring department is productive, efficient, and effective in operational methods.
ARRT Mammography certification strongly preferred
1. Evaluates and monitors staff work performance for high quality, accuracy and completeness and adherence to departmental policies and procedures. Communicates information to the Manager/Director
2. Adheres to and assists staff with adherence to departmental PACS policies and procedures. Maintains working knowledge of hospital information system and Radiology Information System to verify that procedures are appropriately ordered and billed.
3. Performs procedures as needed. Consistently performs high quality work.
4. Maintains proper staffing by overseeing staff schedule and approved time off, and performs time keeping duties. Communicates staffing, patient scheduling, and attendance issues to the Manager.
5. Coordinates staff rotation to all areas ensuring variation to maintain staff competency. Monitors staff competencies and reports findings to the Manager.
6. Maintains equipment and rooms in good operating condition. Troubleshoots equipment problems and contacts service for repairs. Coordinates service to minimize room down time. Reports equipment problems to Management.
7. Maintains inventory and coordinates purchase of supplies and equipment. Monitors supply usage and costs. Acts as a Liaison between the various vendors, physicians, and Management. Arranges Vendor visits. Works with Vendors and Management, and Purchasing to achieve high quality, low cost supplies. Makes recommendations to Management team concerning budgets.
8. Assists Medical Director in establishing protocols. Assists Manager in establishing policies and procedures.
9. Coordinates VIR services in the hospital. Coordinates VIR services provided by Radiologists, Cardiologists, and Vascular Surgeons in VIR rooms. Makes recommendations to Management.
10. Complies with departmental, hospital, and regulatory policies and procedures.
11. Leads lab and team members in providing state of the art services and care of the highest quality. Instrumental in keeping up to date on new technologies and standards on a national level. Integrates findings into lab practices.
12. Coordinates work of technical staff to include: interviewing and training of staff, planning, assigning, directing and prioritizing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides input regarding employee performance. Educates, assists and oversees student technologists.
Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree, or certificate from an accredited school in Radiology Technology preferred.
ARRT, ARDMS, RPSGT or R EEG T certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements
One to two years previous related experience desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Mobile Mammography Unit
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.