Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7606
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Pediatrics is looking for a detail-oriented team player to join the existing administrative support staff within the Department of Pediatrics. This position will provide administrative support at the divisional level for the faculty physicians and other clinical and research staff. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organizing meetings, maintaining faculty physician calendars, editing and formatting documents and spreadsheets, maintaining physician credentialing documentation, coordinating travel arrangements and reimbursements, tracking accounting transactions, fellowship coordination, answering phones, filing and office organization, providing back-up support for other administrative support staff, and other administrative tasks to maintain day-to-day operations. This position will interface with attending physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, nurses and administrators. The successful candidate will be able to perform a variety of administrative and support duties to proactively identify and respond to the needs of physicians, staff, Pediatrics’ Central Administration and School of Medicine administration.
Experience in a medical setting is strongly preferred.
1. Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems.
2. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents.
3. Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement.
4. Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements.
5. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Associate's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system as appropriate Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan. Coaching: Shares information, advice and suggestions to help others to be more successful. Provides appropriate support and acts as a resource depending on the situation and capabilities of the employee. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation Solving Problems: Uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: FP Peds HOSP Payroll
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.