Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9514
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Supply Chain Services Supervisor manages the day- to-day operations of the storeroom to promote efficiency and effective business operations and/or patient care. Also, manages customer communication and supply chain processes to ensure optimal customer service standards are met.
1. Issue and return materials and supplies from the stock inventory or for special purchase items. Also conduct miscellaneous operations related to material inventory control, such as making an annual inventory and providing a monthly update for inventory.
2. Maintains safe working environment. Ensures storeroom cleanliness.
3. Manage inventory levels. Purchase of materials and supplies for stock and non-stock use by department employees. Includes vendor and manufacturer contact, obtaining quotes for materials and supplies and determining delivery times.
4. Manages the storeroom operation and supervise the storeroom support staff. Ensures storeroom staff are trained in each phase of the work.
5. Provides a high level of customer service.
6. Supervises receipt, storage and transport of materials. Applies proper receiving, storage, QA and internal control processes. Ensures are transactions are documented as required into computerized purchasing and tracking software.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in supply chain operations, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Lawson ERP system.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: CD Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.