Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8414
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Provides technical support for end users of the electronic medical record (EMR) system. Ensures timely follow-up and resolution of support calls and tickets. Facilitates problem resolution through communication with IT experts responsible for systems as well as evaluating application performance and proper flow of data to attain the required outcome. Utilizes excellent communication skills to provide service excellence to all customers, clinicians and physicians.
1. Assists with creation of end-user educational documentation, publications and training materials as needed. Conducts training to communicate system updates and upgrade functionalities for EMR and other systems as appropriate.
2. Builds relationships and establishes credibility interacting with end users during times of system frustration and reassuring them of timely resolution. Provides on-going support to foster positive outcomes. Works closely with Information Technology staff to assist with testing of new system functionality and system modifications. Collaborates with counterparts to understand client needs in order to improve and maintain customer relationships.
3. Facilitates basic troubleshooting and connectivity issues from incoming customer calls. Tracks and maintains the database of problem calls and requests and follows-up on resolution in a timely manner. Responds to end-user inquiries and ensures they are informed of the status and progress of problem resolution. Escalates complex incidents to a higher level as required.
4. Maintains a current level of familiarity with EMR software and various system applications to include system upgrades, updates, processes and principles utilized with EMR functionality. Provides a degree of quality control resulting in delivering safe patient care. Participates in educational opportunities to keep current with EMR and professional development.
5. Provides assistance and support for the electronic medical record (EMR) system to all end-users. Supports clinical areas to assess systematic needs and provides system support by understanding their goals and challenges and provides timely solutions and recommendations.
● Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Four (4) years of experience, including two (2) years of Clinical or IT experience and two (2) years of experience using an electronic medical records (EMR) system with demonstrated proficiency.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of experience, including two (2) years of Clinical or IT experience and two (2) years of experience using an electronic medical records (EMR) system with demonstrated proficiency.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills Ability to work well in a team environment Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously Highly responsive to internal customers
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Service Desk
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.