Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9200
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Manager, Consumer Experience serves as a primary designer and architect of consumer-centered experiences. The Manager will help grow organizational maturity in Human Centered Design by supporting training and coaching of teams, and by working with stakeholders across the company to co-create positive consumer experience and identify opportunities for tactical and systemic change. Through collaboration with system leadership and internal business partners, they will understand consumer needs, then prototype, test, and deliver high fidelity concepts through to execution.
1. 1. Design Management- Transform ideas, business opport-unities, and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our consumers – establishing needs and goals from the outset, by advocating and driving a user-centered design process. Drive both strategic and tactical research that considers business objectives, for both near-term deliverables and longer-term vision/roadmaps. Lead/Facilitate design thinking workshops, working with multiple stakeholders to drive empathy for the consumer, and identify ways to address un-met needs and create delight.
Design omni-channel experiences that make healthcare and wellness services simple, personal and impactful.
Manage and build relationships, and collaborate with teams across UX Research, Digital Marketing, Engineering, Business Analytics, and Patient Experience.
Create user scenarios, user journey, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development process
Deliver high-fidelity assets and specs ready for engineering .
Use quantitative data, user research, and qualitative feedback to inform design decisions.
Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
Deeply understand business goals, customer needs and preferences, and challenge product requirements as necessary.
Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking .
2. Awareness and Education- Embed the UNC Health Care experience principles, practices and core messages into New Product and Service Development (NPD); ensure that communication and messaging are consistent across all consumer touchpoints; and collaborate with internal teams to share key findings derived from Voice of the Customer (VoC) and other consumer research studies; ensure a flawless execution of the experience and develop intelligence for continuous and sustainable improvements.
3. Provider and Affiliate Alignment- Proactively work with system teams, operations and marketing teams to understand the experience strategies of and ensure that they are optimized and aligned with UNC Health Care experience plans accordingly
4. Ongoing Engagement and Coordination- Actively participate in established governance bodies and key discovery and design project teams in order to represent the consumer viewpoint provide regular reporting, identified KPI’s, critical metrics, and project status updates as required to include key outcomes, milestones and deliverables. Partner with strategists and researchers to create personas, journeys, mental models, and other design thinking artifacts. Partner with SEO, analytics, and campaign teams to optimize the user experience across multiple digital touchpoints. Ensure UX and UI design concepts digitally reflect our brand purpose and business strategy. Advocate user-centric strategies throughout the design and content development process.
● Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business administration or Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Interaction Design, Computer/Information Science from a related field from an accredited program
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires Five (5) years branding, marketing or healthcare administration experience (or combination of the two). Two (2) years of supervisory work experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Consumer Insights
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.