Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7473
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The HCS-IT Data and Interoperability Developer is an individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Responsible for participating the design, support, and interoperability of enterprise wide data, analytics, and interoperability applications including standalone clinical, financial, and administrative applications and data sources. Works with enterprise wide business and IT management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Solves technical problems. Optimizes the performance of enterprise data, analytics, and interoperability tools. Creates testing methodology and criteria. Designs and coordinates a curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of data & analytics tools to enhance decision making technology and develops business cases to support enterprise wide data, analytics, and interoperability solutions.
1. Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified computer programs, solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system. Identifies and recommends solutions for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
2. Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as the troubleshooting process. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
3. Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
4. Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives.
5. Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives. Functions as a project coordinator for small scale projects.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience). Master's degree preferred.
● No licensure or certification required. Appropriate certification may be preferred depending on the specific role.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Master’s degree: One (1) year of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience is highly preferred.
● If Bachelor’s degree: Two (2) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Appropriate certification may be preferred depending on the specific role and need: Technical detail level should include a selection of the below skills: -Reporting & Data Visualization: Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Epic Reporting Workbench & Radar Dashboarding -Data Infrastructure, Integration, Mgmt & Architecture: Epic Clarity, Caboodle, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Master Data Management and Data Governance -Programing: ETL Tools (DataStage, Informatica, SSIS, etc.), Visual C#.Net, Visual Basic, Java, SQL, Web 2.0 (Ajax, REST, RIA), Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Open Source Tools (Apache, Eclipse, JBoss) -Interoperability: Infor Cloverleaf, Oracle eGate, Service Oriented Architecture tools, etc.-Software development methodology: Agile, SDLC lifecycle -Project Management: MS Project, Jira, MS Office Suite -Health Care: Electronic Medical Records (EMR), HIE, Clinical Trials and Research
● Regulatory Reporting: CMS, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other government regulatory reporting, Interoperability Reporting regulated by State and Federal governments.
● General Skills: -Excellent analytical and communication skills. -Ability to work well in a team environment. -Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. -Highly responsive to internal and external customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.