Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9928
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for performing independent systemic audits and consulting engagements of IT systems and processes as part of the annual IT audit work plan. Reviews may include assessments of administrative, physical and technical controls in place to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information resources. Ensure compliance with federal regulations and established UNC Health Care System policies and procedures by identifying control deficiencies and communicate recommendations to management.
1. IT Auditing - Prepare and execute audits and consulting engagements from the annual IT audit work plan and perform special projects, investigations, EAGLE (internal controls testing), continuous auditing, and other projects as assigned either solo or in a lead role. Conduct testing of internal controls, which may include interviewing customers, analyzing data, and conducting tests. Document fieldwork electronically to support conclusions. Identify internal control weaknesses, non-compliance with organizational policies, laws, and regulations, as well as opportunities to improve operational effectiveness.
2. IT Auditing Reports - Must develop unique audit and consulting programs and test procedures utilizing a risk-based approach to meet the audit objectives and scope. Disseminate results to management via written report and closing meetings. Perform follow up on outstanding issues.
3. Special Projects - Assists in the development of a data analytics program for IT Audit. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of IT Audit and Compliance.
● Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field.
● Certified or in process of obtaining certification within one year of hire. (i.e., CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years IT auditing work experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in the following areas: oIT system and application audits (Windows, UNIX, SQL and Oracle), network securities audits, and HIPAA and PCI compliance audits, knowledge of penetration tests and vulnerability assessments. oAbility to conduct all phases of risk-based audits either solo or as lead utilizing electronic work papers (i.e,. TeamMate, AutoAudit). oExperience with data analytics and software (i.e., IDEA, ACL). oDemonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Able to lead and present to senior management. oExcellent verbal and written communication skills. Can compose audit reports. •Experience in the medical field or other heavily regulated environment desirable.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Audit Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.