Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9933
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Reviews Physician preference lists, check supplies and instruments required for each surgical procedure. Follows instructions to: place equipment and supplies in operating rooms, assist team members to place and position patient on table, and hand instruments and supplies to surgeon.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Completes duties according to the individual needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety needs.
3. Reviews Physician preference lists, check supplies and instruments required for each surgical procedure.
4. Implements appropriate Instrument table set up, prepares and maintains sterile field throughout the surgical procedure.
5. Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges equipment, according to instructions.
6. Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
7. Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
8. Understands and complies with OR policy and procedures and protocols.
9. Puts unused supplies and instruments away at the end of the case.
10. Assists with room turn over and clean up.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and some college preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintain ace instructions, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, and to define problems, collect data.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Surgical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.