Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9490
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordination of key tasks, scheduled inspections, projects, installations & repairs between staff workers and departmental management. These tasks are in conjunction with prior job duties, responsibilities, and routine trade performance. As a liaison, the coordinator performs supplemental organization, planning, scheduling, job oversight, and other general performance oriented tasks to enhance departmental efficiency while minimizing the need for additional staff.
1. Provides input on staffing and possible disciplinary needs to Facility Services director and managers. Meets with employees to assess training and professional development needs.
2. Plans, coordinates and integrates department services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization. Encourages and participates in customer satisfaction efforts. Coordinates and participates in performance improvement activities.
3. Monitors and promotes others to follow predetermined schedules for preventative maintenance (PM). Makes recommendations for updates and ensures compliance; steers and encourages others when there are changes or additions to equipment PM schedules.
4. Coordinates with other shops and encourages them to maintain a stock of emergency parts, supplies, equipment and tools for ready availability. Facilitates arrangements for emergency pick-up of materials if necessary.
5. Confers and coordinates daily work with managers and/or director and may represent managers or director as designee on occasion. Interacts with co-workers, staff and visitors at all levels ensuring a smooth delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
6. Meets with contractors, salespersons and engineers (as designee on occasion) with regard to equipment and services needed under the guidance of upper management.
7. Observes daily office and departmental activities with attention to ensuring that Facility Services keeps life safety concerns and patient/staff safety needs as a core focus; as set forth in the Rex Patient Safety Plan, the Environment of Care Manual and our Departmental Procedure Manual. This includes managing life safety systems and their required maintenance, testing requirements, and record-keeping needs as required by state and local codes, the City of Raleigh, and The Joint Commission.
8. If requested, may assist with the development of short and long term goals for the department and contributes to the analysis of departmental activities in order to help ascertain the extent to which departmental goals are being met.
9. Assists in communicating hospital policies and procedures to employees and serves as a liaison between executives, directors, staff, patients and visitors. Provides input and recommendations for budgetary needs (within approved allocations) for Facility Services. May participate in monitoring expenditures and assisting management in documenting and explaining variances.
10. Operates Rex vehicles in a safe manner, to move parts and materials and to travel to remote sites.
● High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years of experience in routine plant/facility trade is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communication with co-workers, patients, visitors, sub-contractors and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uncomplicated written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex CEP Maintenance and Repair
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.