Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9602
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities involving maintenance of physical plant related equipment and facilities; maintains a high level of interaction with engineered systems maintenance, repair, replacement and energy conservation. Participates in plan review, consultation, and participation as needed regarding construction and renovation projects.
1. Plan, coordinate and monitor ongoing maintenance service, installation, replacement and upgrades of major and secondary physical plant systems and equipment. Included are air handlers, pumps, chillers, boilers, emergency generators, electrical switchgear, digital and pneumatic controls and building automation systems, the Powerlogic power quality monitoring system, and any other mechanical, electrical, plumbing or fire protection systems within the organization, whether on main campus or remote sites.
2. Assists Facility Services and Construction Services director(s) and managers with operation and maintenance of Rex Healthcare owned or occupied properties, buildings, grounds and physical plant including the following: Energy Management development and management, building utility systems operations and repair; plant utility systems upgrades, and program and budget development.
3. Assists with contract review, negotiation and management of service contracts and repair agreements in concordance with the Facility Services and Construction Services Director(s), Senior Utilities Manager, Senior Manager of Construction Services and project managers. With consensus of other Facility Services management, assists in negotiation and execution of contracts which ensure the best available quality for goods, services, and facilities at the least cost.
4. Contributes to Rex Construction Services staff on all engineering and design projects as needed for construction related activities with Rex Healthcare owned, leased, or occupied properties, including: new facilities development; renovations to existing facilities, and building interior and exterior lighting upgrades.
5. Interacts with all management levels of the Rex Healthcare community, governing authorities, design and engineering professionals, trade community contemporaries, and equipment and services vendors in keeping with the established professional standards and practices of the institution.
6. Participates in and contributes to implementation of policies, procedures, and programs within the Facility Services Department which consistently reflect the Rex Healthcare mission with regard to community service and patient care.
7. Works cooperatively with the Facility Services and Construction Services Director, Utilities Manager, Facility Maintenance Manager, Office Specialist, Plant Operation Workload Schedulers, and Building Control Attendants.
● Bachelor's degree
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 6 years of equivalent experience in power generation, facilities management and equipment maintenance, and/or a combination of both. Minimum of 4 years experience in hospital or institutional facilities management required. Experience in utilities generation and distribution, basic knowledge of Automated Energy Management Systems, HVAC/R systems, medium and low voltage electrical systems, plumbing systems, medical gas systems, steam and hydraulic systems, pumps and air compressor systems and basic mechanical systems preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, business periodicals and technical journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, financial reports, and legal documents. Basic proficiency with computers, spreadsheets and word processing software is required. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, preventive maintenance procedures and tasks, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, contractors, sub-contractors, patients, Rex staff and visitors. Ability to apply mathematical concepts as they relate to engineering applications. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as flow charts, pump curves, psychometric charts, steam pressure charts, project schedule/timeline charts, and org charts. Math skills as necessary to utilize engineering formulas and procedures for calculating various engineering functions such as air changes per hour, voltage drop and imbalance , heat gain/loss calculations, and other similar basic trade calculations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex CEP Maintenance and Repair
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.