Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9963
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides professional medical services to patients.
1. Provides professional medical services to patients.
2. Exercises independent professional judgment in the care and treatment of patients.
3. Orders and prescribes medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care and other health and medical services. Prescribes medically appropriate pharmaceuticals.
4. Consults and counsels with patients and families. Provides health and medical education to patients and families.
5. Refers patients as needed to appropriate medial specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate multidisciplinary care is provided.
6. Documents medical and clinical care in the patient's medial record. Assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing.
7. Supervises other medical professionals.
8. Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
● Active member of the Rex Hospital Medical Staff, including meeting the Board Certification requirements. Graduation from an accredited school of medicine.
● Board certified in area of specialty; MD License in healthcare specialty
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prefer prior experience in Internal Medicine
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Should be able to communicate proficiently in English.REASONING ABILITYHigh-level quantitative and qualitative reason skills are essential in order to diagnosis medical and clinical issues presented by patients.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNorth Carolina Medical License, DEA License, BLS/ACLS certification preferred. Board certified in area of specialty.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds required.WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physician generally works in a medical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasoning Ability: High-level quantitative and qualitative reason skills are essential in order to diagnosis medical and clinical issues presented by patients.
For more information, please contact Laura Oakes at [email protected] or 336-710-7986.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Health PrimCare at Oberlin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.