Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9856
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Rehabilitation Services is responsible for directing the Rehabilitation Services and includes PT, OT, ST in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Coordinates and supervises operations of the department and administers/oversees treatment as prescribed by the referring physician. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in hospital wide activities. Assures competency of all personnel. Assists in formulating a budget, evaluates department performance versus budget and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines. Develops and implements system of reviewing department charges and ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
1. Establishes a professional practice environment based on team work, collaboration, mutual respect, shared decision making, and accountability for one’s actions as evidenced by achievement of targeted clinical outcomes, service outcomes, turnover rates, and financials outcomes; Assumes primary responsibility for projects and special assignments as requested, maintaining time line and keeping colleagues informed of progress toward desired results; serves as transformational leader fostering an environment of professionalism; evaluates impact of decisions on organization as evidenced by a systems thinking approach
2. Maintains knowledge of current rehabilitation services including evidence based clinical practices, care delivery systems, and patient care models; utilizes research findings to establish standards, practices, and patient care models; Applies process/performance improvement principles
3. Fosters independence and autonomy in Department Managers actively seeking those activities which promote/encourage independent thinking and problem solving behaviors; maintains a sense of presence and support with staff and physicians by being visible through rounding in assigned areas on a daily basis; Provides timely, thorough, and constructive feedback on performance
4. Works collaboratively with other patient care and support departments, fostering a climate of open communication and mutual problem solving to ensure patient safety and quality outcomes
5. Prepares department budget and actively participates in cost management/reduction initiatives; assesses need for capital equipment and submits request justifying need
6. Develops and maintains master staffing plan for assigned areas; assists Department Managers in development of strategies to achieve staffing levels to meet patient care needs and productivity targets; champions delivery of patient/family centered care as demonstrated through achievement of targeted clinical and service outcomes; assists in employee evaluation and goal setting of hospital employees; uses corrective action process to address performance issues and undesirable behavior
7. Integrates high ethical standards and core values into all work activities and instills those values into others in department; serves as role model and mentor; assumes role of preceptor/instructor as requested; complies with all organization policies and procedures
● Bachelor's Degree in a related field required. Master's Degree Preferred.
● Licensed physical therapy assistant, certified occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech language pathologist.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of five years in rehabilitation medicine
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication skills with patients/families and interdisciplinary staff; efficient time management skills; ability to work in multidisciplinary environment; understanding of evidence based practice and strong commitment to clinical excellence
Legal Employer: NC HEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Chatham Hospital Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.