Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9149
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for performing all supply-related purchasing functions (excluding capital), ordering all """"special order"""" items, all central supply inventory items, and all supplies for surgical services inventories, investigating shipping errors and backorders and taking appropriate action, coordinating all equipment and merchandise returns, performing cost analysis as requested, approving invoices and investigating invoice discrepancies, obtaining product information and pricing on product as requested, sales to physicians' offices, employees, and outpatients, testing all MediTech MMIS updates, coordinating department education, training new personnel, and supervising supply chain management staff in Director's absence.
1. Processes orders daily for items stocked in central supply and surgical services and processes special orders daily.
2. Represents the department on the hospital's computer team; tests MediTech MMIS updates and trains staff as necessary.
3. Obtains product information requested by staff or manager.
4. Processes/ships equipment needing repair.
5. Reports shipping errors to shippers on same day as occurrence and investigates and corrects invoice discrepancies.
6. Handles sale of items; expedites backorders; verifies order confirmations against purchase orders, confirming catalog number, price, quantity, and availability.
7. Contacts vendors to report patient use of rental equipment and to report discontinuation of use.
8. Enters purchase orders and submits patient charges for prosthetic devices
9. Ships packages by FedEx and UPS; maintains purchasing records and purges according to retention policy.
10. Assists with administrative tasks as needed such as processing incoming mail, assisting with processing of payroll in API, training new staff on ordering process.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year of experience in the relevant service line or hospital setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Respiratory Care
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.