Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5273
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC REX Cancer Care is a Commission on Cancer accredited program as a Comprehensive Cancer Center. This position is responsible for the leadership of and access to the comprehensive cancer support services at UNC REX Cancer Care to include the social workers, navigators, dietitians, as well as oversee our Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC). This position will also support the developing Quality of Life services to include Psych Oncology, Palliative, and Rehab to include referral management, scheduling and program management.
1. Responsible for efficient staffing to meet patient needs and departmental needs. Responsible for the hiring process, orientation of new coworkers, and evaluation of the coworkers performance to ensure safe, quality patient care and to ensure Rex standards of performance are met.
2. Evaluate patient and staff satisfaction and implement programs for maintenance and improvement. Address patient/family, physician, coworker concerns in a timely manner and follow up as needed.
3. Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care or service based on established regulatory, professional, organizational standards. Develops, implements, maintains policies and procedures.
4. Prepares and maintains accountability for departmental budget and utilization of resources. Identifies variances and measures taken to address the variance. Regularly reports the financial status of the department to the Director
5. Plans, coordinates and integrates services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization.
6. Supports corporate goals and seeks ways to meet or exceed goals.
7. Leads and/or participates on teams to achieve targeted results. Responsible for performance improvement activities.
8. Responsible for monitoring and compliance of all charging, billing, collection functions as appropriate in the department. Responsible for monitoring/auditing processes and regularly reporting the outcomes.
9. Responsible for the development of patient access and outreach for the cancer center in collaboration with physicians, coworkers, other departments, UNC, and community organizations.
Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, Public Health or related field is required; Master’s in education or health related field preferred: two years related experience and/or training in oncology required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNC Rex Cancer Support Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.