Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9903
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the administrative management of the Central Sterile department. This includes responsibility for providing quality services, leadership, human resource stewardship/management, financial stewardship, regulatory accreditation issues, and professional development of these areas.
1. Accesses and utilizes appropriate administrative/clinical/financial systems. Acquires and maintains quantitative skills for data analysis. Aligns work unit goals with organizational strategic direction.
2. Creates an educational environment conducive to learning. Demonstrates active support of organizational initiatives. Demonstrates corporate citizenship by participating in activities external to assigned work unit/departments. Leads in change efforts for improvement in work quality. Monitors quality of work product for work unit/sector. Participates in formation of strategic goals at the departmental level.
3. Analyzes sentinel events and errors and develops and implements strategies to address the conditions that contributed to these situations. Delivers safe, effective services.
4. Identifies key customers and needs. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Maintains accountability for annual competency assessment of staff. Monitors unit(s) performance and ensures scores are showing improvement. Utilizes IMPACT CARE and AIDE methodologies effectively.
5. Attends required orientation prior to initiation of new systems. Maintains familiarity with standards of appropriate discipline/professional work group. Participates in appropriate educational opportunities. Seeks opportunities for professional growth.
6. Conducts and documents regularly recurring staff meetings at which pertinent information such as policy and procedure changes are communicated. Creates an environment conducive to retaining staff. Effectively recruits, selects, hires, coaches, and uses appropriate corrective actions with staff in accordance with UNC HCS policies and procedures. Encourages staff to celebrate successes, express concerns and identify opportunities for improvements. Implements strategies to improve employee satisfaction inclusive of strategies to involve employees in decision making. Provides staff with accurate annual performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals.
7. Develops and submits budgetary requests on or before stated deadlines. Implements strategies to increase revenue/decrease costs and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure goals are achieved and/or meet budget projections. Monitors and analyzes budgetary trends. Recognizes opportunities for increases in productivity, cost savings, and revenue generation.
8. Ensures work unit is in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Maintains familiarity with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Participates in activities designed to monitor and improve compliance.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
● SPD Certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in sterile processing, including two (2) years in a supervisory role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Sterile Processing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.