Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9754
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides care of patients by optimizing medication use and drug distribution services.
The responsibilities of the UNC Hemophilia Treatment Center Pharmacist include but are not limited to the following:
• Directs workflow of the pharmacy and supervises pharmacy technicians and pharmacy staff present during the shift. Assigns tasks, sets priorities, and makes adjustments throughout the day to optimize workflow and service.
• Consistently ensures that required maintenance tasks for optimal functioning of the pharmacy are completed in a timely manner. Ensures completion of all work/tasks in accordance with expectations of the shift. Communicates issues, problems, or other important functions for continuity of operations. Takes the lead in addressing problems / complaints brought to the pharmacy's attention. Keeps manager informed, as appropriate.
• Optimally dispenses specialty and non-specialty medications to patients. Receives prescriptions, interprets prescriptions, and reviews the patient's medication profile /history. Clarifies incomplete, inaccurate, or contraindicated prescriptions with the prescriber, nurse, or other health professional, as appropriate. Identifies problems related to medication needs of the patient including inability to pay, noncompliance with medication regimen, allergies or sensitivities to drugs, misuse of drugs, sub-optimal lab values, non-formulary issues, restrictions on drug use, availability problems, etc. Intervenes (with patient, Prescriber, nurse, etc.) to resolve identified problems and optimize drug therapy based on information available from the order / prescription, patient, medical record, and/or computer (e.g., may include lab results, profile notes, etc.). Minimizes unnecessary drug use / expense. Performs data entry /data verification in pharmacy information systems to update medication profiles, clinical information, intervention database, etc. Verifies drug, strength, dosage form, packaging requirements, integrity, and appropriate storage of each medication prior to dispensing, which includes appropriate counseling to patients as needed and required by law.
• Position will require order processing, dispensing, labeling, packing, and shipping. Responsible for distributional operations of the UNC Hemophilia Treatment Center Pharmacy including order processing, care plan management, dispensing, insurance adjudication, and inventory management
• Verify patient’s insurance requirements and coordination of authorization. Provide direction for available financial assistance resources when necessary • Provides timely drug information to patients or their representatives and other healthcare provders as needed. • Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory standards including appropriate accreditation standards.
• Provide care planning services to patients in the Patient Management program.
• Collect, analyze, and report data required to support pharmacy operations. Identify and assist in quality improvement opportunities to improve operational and clinical programs pertaining to pharmacy services.
• Participate on committees related to the pharmacy.
The position will work under the supervision of the program manager. The position will be part-time, 8-5 pm rotating schedule (Mon-Fri) with rotating on-call responsibilities.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: Hemophilia Treatment Center
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.