Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9803
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for workflow in patient care area. The Clinical Coordinator will triage patients and assign to proper provider as well as provide direct and indirect patient care during assigned work period, including assisting physicians in examining the patient. The Clinical Coordinator will plan, implement and evaluate care according to approved polices and procedures. This position will supervise clinical staff, make clinical staff schedules and help with training of clinical staff. This position works with other members of the Physician Practice care team to coordinate care to meet patient's needs.
This Family Medicine Perinatal Nurse Coordinator requires a commitment to the families within our communities and a desire to promote, support, and implement family centered care from the onset of pregnancy through to the postpartum period. The individual will represent the Family Medicine Maternal Child Health (MCH) program as competent, caring, and a trusted advocate for perinatal patients and their families. A high degree of skill in administration, program management, and collaboration is also essential to the role. The Perinatal Nurse Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and coordinating quality perinatal care to the maternal child health population. The individual in this role will be a reliable resource that is available to the needs of the patient population we serve. Experience with Maternal and Child Health Nursing (Labor and Delivery, Post Partum or Newborn Nursery), maternal child health program planning, or community clinic working with a maternal child health population is preferred. IBCLC certification is desired but not required.
This is a full time position, and will involve approximately 40% time in administrative/programmatic work and 60% time in direct patient care.
This role will provide leadership and support to the Maternal Child Health program.
Clinical responsibilities include:
Program responsibilities include:
1. Responsible for clinical operations of the physician practice.
2. Works closely with physicians, practice manager and staff to optimize workflow efficiency, maintaining quality assurance in a physician practice.
3. Assists Practice Manager in monitoring and adjusting clinical staffing needs to meet patient demand? implements clinical schedule for the practice.
4. Provides constructive feedback to practice manager and medical staff regarding performance of clinic operations.
5. Triages medical phone questions and walk-in/urgent care patients.
6. Keeps work flow on time and assures appropriate patient arrangements.
7. Maintains inventory of medical supplies including pharmaceuticals and emergency drug supplies.
8. Works closely with practice manager in resolving operational and personnel issues.
9. Monitors quality, compliance, and operational standards in the physician clinics.
10. Ensures implementation and adherence to consistent operating policies and procedures within the physician practice. Ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements related to Joint Commission, HIPAA, OSHA, and other applicable standards. Reviews patient satisfaction surveys and works in coordination with practice manager to implement corrective action as needed. Assists in all levels of clinic patient care. Assesses the patient and family needs, collecting health status data and identifying patient problems. Documents pertinent patient information accurately and in a timely manner.
● Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of progressive experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Amb Care-FPC-Other-F
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.