Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9950
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Multidisciplinary Burn Nurse Specialist is a nurse with experience and expertise in the nursing care of burn patients, but is also specialized in nursing informatics. This position will integrate nursing science and information science to manage and communicate data, information, and knowledge of inpatient and outpatient burn care. This position will utilize advanced burn nursing knowledge and research to improve patient outcomes in North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center. This position has responsibility for the operational support of the burn registry, burn policies and procedures, ABA verification, and serves as a burn nurse specialist in patient care areas. This position will also serve as a liaison to multi-discipline initiatives in the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center.
1. Clinical Practice- Clinical Burn Nurse Specialist to providers, staff, patients, families, and team members. Liaison between nurses, doctors, therapists, patients, community health care providers, etc. Actively participate in rounds, team conferences, patient care conferences and/or clinic consults. Adhere to the standards, policies, procedures and goals of the healthcare system.
2. Informatics- Coordinate, prioritize and monitor the day to day operations of the burn registry.Use clinical knowledge and skills to interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing data reports to support operations and research. Utilize clinical knowledge and informatics to follow and report burn specific patient outcomes. Measure and report on physician metrics as identified by Burn Center Medical Director
3. Administrative- Coordinate and maintain ABA Burn Verification. Develop a comprehensive Burn Center report each year. Collaborate with providers, nurses and team in the development and maintenance or policies and procedures related to the Burn Center.Embrace and promote strong customer service. Seek to understand and meet customer needs and expectations through. Communication, cooperation and collaboration.Demonstrate cost effectiveness by using supplies judiciously, anticipating needs for special supplies and equipment, and making recommendations for change.
4. Education/Research- Demonstrate responsibility for own professional growth and development.Provide education as indicated after assessing the learning needs of the patient, family, staff members and students. Develop and present clinical education programs on a state and nation-wide basis. Participate or lead initiatives as it relates to practice and information of burns.Identify risk management issues and implement action to change practice and reduce risks.Collaborate with multidisciplinary burn team to change practice and improve quality care. Design, conduct and publish clinical burn and nursing related research
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.Master's degree in appropriate field.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clinical practice in the care of burn patients.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC P&A Surg-Burn
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.