Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9931
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists a higher level nurse manager in the following duties: ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensuring adequate and appropriate clinical staffing on each shift, may supervise nursing staff, HUC staff and utility aide staff, providing assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, providing and facilitating an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, on-going unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
Ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensuring adequate and appropriate clinical staffing, supervise nursing staff, providing assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, providing and facilitating an environment conducive to staff. This position has accountability for the management of people, finances, operations and strategic program growth in a manner consistent with the missions of Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center. The HTC supervisor will work closely with the HTC Director in the overall management of the center. The nurse supervisor will plan, organize and oversee the daily operations of clinical and support staff. Position will work to assure compliance with regulatory and training requirements to ensure quality health care of this complex patient population. Supervisor will provide leadership in clinical problem solving and foster effective communication and teamwork. This position will also interface with the Hereditary hemorrhagic Telangiectasia Center (HHT) as well as the UNC Hemophilia Treatment Center Pharmacy to promote and maintain high standards of customer service and cost-efficient operations between the HTC and the HTC Pharmacy. Serves as contact for the HTC Network Regional Coordinator and the Regional Medical Director regarding federal grants, projects and regional goals. This position will collaborate with stakeholders in the bleeding and clotting disorders to include HHT, pharmaceutical manufacturers, specialty pharmacies, patient advocacy groups, and community agencies.
1. Patient Care - Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals / paraprofessionals which may include nursing staff, data coordinator and administrative staff.
2. Human Resource Management - Effectively manages human resources and creates an environment conducive to staff recruitment and retention. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
3. Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
4. Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Integrates current scientific evidence into standards of practice.
5. Quality Improvement—Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits.
6. Education—Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
Ensures clinical program excellence:
Federal / Regional Hemophilia Grants Management:
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting, and one (1) year of experience in the area assigned.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: Hemophilia Treatment Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.