Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8625
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Coordinates shipping and receiving activities for the department assisting with issues surrounding decision-making, problem solving, financial and operational issues related to shipping and receiving activities.
1. Organizes deliveries and pick-ups to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity. Flexes routing based on emergency and last minute delivery requests.
2. Able to deliver durable medical equipment up to 75 lbs to patients home.
3. Demonstrates appropriate competency and knowledge to set up and educate patient/caregiver in use of durable medical equipment and specialty items.
4. Demonstrates appropriate competency and knowledge to maintain, services, and repair durable medical equipment and specialty items.
5. Performs and completes appropriate patient education for safety and use of durable medical equipment including appropriate home safety training.
6. Ensures deliveries are on time and are correct.
7. Ensures minimal to no patient/agency complaints about deliveries from patients and caregivers.
8. Loads delivery vehicle in a timely manner, secures cargo using required safety standards.
9. Uses proper body mechanics.
● Associate's Degree from two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With an Associate's Degree, at least six (6) months of work experience in hospital setting.
● With a high school diploma, at least five (5) years of work experience in hospital setting.
● Computer skills in spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and communicate clinical information, technical procedures, and importance of follow-up to identified hearing needs. Ability to effectively present information to adult learners. Ability to write business letters. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, and percentages. Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS HomeCare HME
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.