Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 7984
Location: Garner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This job with assist with many areas of daily operation of the facility up to and including coverage of exercise floor, service desk and reception desk. Also aissisting with Timekeeping duties, charge capture, daily deposit of charges, BCBS capture, etc
Work Shift is variable - includes open shifts, closing shifts and weekends.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Rotates to service desk, exercise floor and reception desk to ensure coverage at key member/customer contact points. Serves as key staff person at specific location to ensure safety, staff presence and work flow of facility.
3. Responds to customer inquiries in person and over the phone. Schedules appointments and maintains a schedule of classes and meetings. Greets participants, relaying information on class schedule and registration.
4. Conducts tours and enrolls prospective participants into program and assists with other wellness programs/screenings.
5. Serves as Facility Representative (COD) to ensure proper supervision of Staff and Facility. Up to/and including weekend rotations, opening/closing of facility.
6. Performs office duties, exercising good judgement and discretion in assisting management with clerical duties. Prepares letters, assembles date, prepares reports and processes a variety of forms. Attends meetings essential to performing job.
7. Completes daily summary of all transactions and data.
8. Processes orders for supplies and checks in shipments upon delivery. Serves as a liaison between the department and Materials Management.
9. Corrects time and attendance reports as necessary.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
● Certified Group fitness instruction Pool management experience preferred.
● BCLS required.
● GEI, First Aid, CPO licensure preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires two to three years experience as front line staff, dealing with customer service issues.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Wellness Center Garner
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 30.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Garner
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.