Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9770
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Population Health Pharmacy Liaison engages in outreach to pharmacies, providers, and patients, combined with in-depth chart reviews to assess the patient’s medication use experience. Leveraging this information, the pharmacy liaison works diligently with the care team and patient to coordinate resources and reduce/eliminate barriers to medication adherence. By successfully improving adherence across the population, the pharmacy liaison supports efforts to improve health outcomes, lower health care expenditures, and provide an improved experience for patients and providers.
This is a telecommuting position with occasional onsite work from our Morrisville, NC office.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Using analytical, research, and problem solving skills, identify and remove barriers to medication adherence for patients.
2. Professionally interact, in writing, video and telephone communications, with patients and members of the patient’s care team. The care team includes community pharmacists, primary and specialty care providers, population health pharmacists/technicians, case managers, community health workers, pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs), and others.
3. Utilize internally developed systems, the electronic health record (EPIC), and commercial vendor software to document and track patient eligibility, prescriptions, patient communications and program enrollment.
4. Ensure assigned tasks are completed and documented accurately, timely, and efficiently according to operational standards. Submit work to be reviewed and cosigned by the appropriate supervisor as required.
5. Screen inbound calls and voicemails, determine appropriate action, and escalate as appropriate to ensure 1st call resolution.
6. Be highly motivated to achieve set targets established by the organization and leadership.
7. Assist in training for new employees and pharmacy learners.
8. Perform other duties as assigned and modified by leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
·General knowledge of therapeutic categories and common indications of top 100 commonly prescribed medications.
·Ability to explain, at a patient level, how Medicare Part D, Medicaid, and basic medication benefit plans work (concepts of formularies, prior authorizations, quantity limits, copays, deductibles, step care, etc.).
·Uses and pronounces, common medical and pharmacy terms correctly.
·Articulate and professional. Able to adapt language to be appropriate for a wide range of customers (patients/caregivers, health care providers, care team members).
·Warm, engaging, friendly demeanor with the ability to quickly build a positive rapport in all communication modalities. Engages in active and supportive listening.
·Ability to explore conflict by utilizing appropriate tone, support, and questions. Responds in a supportive manner to seek appropriate resolution that defuses negative energy.
·Strong data collection and creative problem solving skills. Able to glean relevant information from a variety of sources, formulate clarifying follow-up questions, and propose a custom, actionable solution to improve medication adherence.
·Highly dependable and accountable to colleagues and the high performing team environment.
● HS diploma or equivalent.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
● CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of pharmacy technician experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Population Value Care Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.