Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9565
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Visit
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs diagnostic and rehabilitative speech/language voice and/or dysphagia services, program planning, patient and family education, and training of students and fellows.
1. Analyzes results of diagnostic and/or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and/or modify subsequent treatment programs.
2. Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient speech/language/swallow rehabilitation services.
3. Provides counseling and/or feedback to patients and/or family members regarding patient's care through team meetings and/or direct contact.
4. Supervises graduate speech/language pathology students and/or clinical fellows and educates health professionals in area of specialty.
5. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
6. Maintains valid and reliable records of patient procedures, progress and/or recommendations.
7. Provides clinical speech-language pathology services--assessment and planning.
● Graduation from an accredited Speech-Language Pathology program.
● Licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of relevant experience or completion of a one (1) year clinical fellowship.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Administers complex diagnostic tests and evaluations of speech, language and swallow disorders.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNC HH Raleigh Branch Speech
Work Type: Per Visit
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.